Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Techy School Tools

If you're like me, you like having your laptop with you to take notes in class. I also have a desktop computer at home. Transferring files between the two computers can be a pain. Sometimes e-mailing files takes too long or I can't find my thumb drive.

To make transferring files from your laptop to your desktop computer at home easier, I've found that Dropbox can be a lifesaver. You can drag your files and folders on your laptop into the Dropbox folder and everything in your Dropbox folder on your laptop will be automatically synced to your Dropbox folder on your desktop computer at home (as long as you have an internet connection, of course.) Another plus? Dropbox allows students double the space that non-students get! Just create your account with a .edu e-mail address. You can also increase your Dropbox folder space by inviting friends to use Dropbox.

Ordinarily, I'm not a product-pusher, but I've been thankful for Dropbox on more than one occasion and I think it is definitely an organizational tool that many people could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment